6 Jun 2012

Horde doubles again!

Hello, finally a worthy update again!

During weekend and last three days, I've been slowly working on painting my horde. I've decided I'd go with 6 this time. I found out painting 3 at a time would take way too long, but while I was painting, I also figured that 6 is too much for me. I was also exhausted from last month and I've been sloppy. They still came out okay, I think...in the end, they're just a tiny drops in an undead wave of destruction and despair.

Below, you can see the pics. Sorry for bad quality, again. And sorry for lack of a decent background, too lazy to put sheet of foamboard on the end. But I did put them on a road tile, all I need now is a building and scene is set!

All 6 of them:
 It isn't too noticable, but most of them are slightly converted. Not the first, he is just a dumb placed ballerina. I still am not sure If I really wanted him to stand that way, lol. Second one is a doctor. I gave him face mask and that thing for listening to breathing. Somehow I keep forgeting how it is called. Stetoscope or something. Check his cool blue crocs :D. Third one is my first african american and he has his left wrist sculpted profesionally by me.You didn't see it coming, eh? :D Nothing but repositioned left arm on the fourth one, a knife-in-the-belly of the fifth and nothing changed at all on the sixth. I did, however, built (and, indeed, painted) him as an (ex) soldier. He is dressed in urban cammo uniform that soldiers who came to contain the outbreak wore. Looks like he was off duty, as he carries no extra gear.
 Above is my horde in all its might, chasing poor weekend solider across the town. At this point, I think calling my little group a "horde" is an insult to other zombie bloggers. So, lets refer to it as a GROWING HORDE! That fixes it!

Last two pics are just a little bonus. Yes, dark again. Sorry.

Here are my two army men both togethers, posing for pic:

And what I think is a better picture of Grom, the character for Shelldrake's PBB, which I will hopefully start playing with the rest of the survivors.



Now that we got the machinery rolling, whats next?
To be honest, I am kind of tired of painting minies for a while. Which is good, because I will go paint some of those buildings I've made a while ago. I also sculpt a bit now and then, got some dead bodies and garbage started. I am waiting for greenstuff at the moment, but I've also came home with an idea of slovenian soldiers. I spent at least few minutes a day since last friday, drawing some sketches and making ideas for packs. It is a bit high flying goal, considering my limited sculpting practice and skills, but well, some ambition is always good, people say.

Thanks for looking,
Mathyoo

11 comments:

  1. The shamblers join together! It is coming along just nicely mate. And I have mailed you a little package that may help you a bit on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks yet once again! And it seems talking to you solves the problem, order from TAG has been dispatched today!

      Delete
  2. They seem okay to me. Even if they aren't the best of sculpts you just want them as part of a horde and they certainly fill that role admirably. So what does constitute a horde? I guess anything in double figures would count. But to qualify for a proper horde, I'd say you need 100+ zombies. Just my opinion, mind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100+ sounds good, I can count percentage easily. 12 as we speak! I think I should set a goal, that should be managable before 1.1.1013!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done Mathyoo. I know how you feel about painting in large numbers of the same thing its gets monotonous after a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking zombies, the horde certainly is growing. I really like your soldier. He'll have his work cut out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good startto the horde Mattyoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Mathyoo. You're getting their alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on those. I like your conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more, the merrier, the deadly... ;-)
    Good works!

    ReplyDelete