2 Apr 2014

Insurgency rising - part 8

Hey guys,

 here are the last of the insurgents I've converted from WGF plastic survivors.

There's six of them, for total of 27 (remaining three miniatures from the box are "the kid").
We got, rifleman (that looks like a leader, but he honestly isn't!),  another rifleman, RPK, yet another two riflemen and an RPG.
Below are the close ups, with one back shot missing (I know, I know).

Here you can see the two riflemen and a guy with an RPK support weapon. First rifleman seems to be giving some directions, so he could also be used as a leader. As I've got enough of them already (guys with radios), he is represented here as a grunt, but he could really be anything. Other than that he is quite basic, has an "ordinary" vest and an AK. I've also just noticed all three of them have baseball hats, so I won't be painting them together :P.
Not much to say about the second guy, either. Both him and the first rifleman got one of the "awkward" poses that I think came out very natural looking.
The RPK gunner wears a coat. I really didn't want all of the coat wearing guys to be armed with an M16, so I gave him an AK instead. If you remember last time, I've shown you a guy with two magazines stuck to each other. This is the gun I got the magazine from. So I wouldn't waste a perfectly nice weapon, I've sculpted drum magazine instead. It fits the weapon in real life (although it wasn't used much in Yugoslavia), so it looks cool, different and it isn't far from the truth!
Below are another two riflemen (they are the backbone of any forces, after all!) and an RPG gunner.
The fat man is the same as any other, but I've added him some sleeves, so at least something is different. I was thinking about giving him an M16 (for same reasons as the guy with the coat), but when  picking between the two, AK always wins.
Second rifleman is a bit more special, as he has a backpack. Not many of my insurgents carry one and this one is that much nicer as it's kinda detailed :D. You can see water bottle in one of the side pockets in the back photo.
Lastly, the RPG gunner in a "rest" or "preparing" or "whatever" position. I gave him a balaclava as no other RPG gunner has it. I am not too happy with this one, but it really comes down to this body. While it seems natural on the first inspection, all three of them look so...stiff? Just odd.


Well, that's all I got for you today. I've actually painted three that I got to show you and I'm painting some terrain for a Strange Aeons game I have planned. I am still working on fantasy creatures and hopefully I'll have some done and painted in a fortnight or so.

Thanks for looking,
Mathyoo

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Fred, that was all joy, now the work starts as I need them painted :P

      Delete
  2. This last batch looks good and I actually like the rpg guy's stance over the others, though fat-guy is amusing too. Even though I feel there are a lot unnaturalposes amongst them, no-one will notice once they're painted and in play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it looks fine on the pictures, but when you see him in real life, he is oddly tilted or something. Most of them got one leg spread out for some reason, but I really don't even notice that anymore.

      Delete
  3. More good stuff there Mathyoo. I think once painted this will be quite an imposing force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Mathyoo, looking forward to the painted group shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I got 12 painted now, which is still under half, but not by much :P. I'll take a shot of all twelve when I'll be showing the latest trio :)

      Delete
  5. Nice work Mathyoo.
    Good sculpting as always. These will look really good once their painted like the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! And you know...they will take part in an apocalypse one way or another, as my horde will certainly take a role of civilians in my modern games :P

      Delete
  6. They all look nicely posed to me mate. Well done on them. I had a play changing weapons from bodies they are supposed to be with and it takes a lot of work to get them to look 'right' Top job mate how many do you have left from the set or is it just bits left now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate!
      For weapons, what I did was just cut, say, crossbow off an arm and replace it with a rifle without a stock and a grip. Worked fine. There might be some angle cutting needed for some of the arms, but hey, it's plastics so it isn't too hard :)

      That's it, except for the little boys. I'll probably use them for survivors (somehow, I don't mind them there, but I don't want them in my "modern combat" games :D).

      Delete
  7. This latest batch of figures look good to me. You have slowly built up a very tidy little force. Now go and paint them and give us a batrep with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I'm already thinking about how I could make my board at least 3x3 big...once I get that fixed, I will run out of excuses not to play some games! :)

      Delete
  8. It annoys me how good you are at converting these guys ;-)

    Looking forward to seeing them with a bit of paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, I do hear how annoying I can be a lot :P.

      Delete
  9. Great work with the green stuff... looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to admit they are over now, it seems like I've been showing the same thing over and over again :D

      Delete